Friday, April 20, 2007

Two of those days

Yesterday I needed to leave a little early for work/Mother's Day Out (MDO) because I had a conference with parents. We get out to the car a little after 8, get all the boys buckled in and... the van won't start. The battery is dead. Super. We have a battery charger in the garage that Nate has had to use multiple times on the riding lawn mower. I called Nate and he told me how to use it on the van. I got the van started, threw everything back in the garage and went on our way. When we pulled up to MDO I told the boys to get out of the car and Max said, "But, what about my shoes?" Yep. That's right. He wasn't wearing any shoes. He had gone out to the car and buckled himself up so I assumed, he was fully ready to go. I didn't even think to check his feet. I didn't have any spare shoes in the car... ironically, I had cleaned out the van before we left and taken a pair of Max's flip flops inside. Max went to MDO without shoes.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful, even though I "ran in" to Wal-Mart on the way home after picking the boys up from MDO. (Max had to ride in the cart because he didn't have shoes.) As I was unloading things on to the little conveyer belt thing Grant suddenly yelled, "I have to go pee!" So, naturally I told Max to run him to the potty while I unloaded the groceries back off the belt into the cart so I could go stand outside the bathroom door. It might be abuse that I sent my son into the bathroom of Wal-Mart without shoes but... it was that or the possibility of Grant wetting his pants in the store and creating a puddle on the floor. I opted for nasty feet.

Getting ready for community group later on Nate and I were looking for the Buzz Lightyear Bubble blower so the boys could enjoy lots of bubbles while playing outside at CG. We opened the garage door to get a better look and Nate finally found it under some stuff in the garage. When he was closing the garage door it started out normal then suddenly slammed to the ground. Apparently, the garage door came unhooked from the little thing that keeps it attached to the opener. (Side note: The buzz lightyear bubble blower dripped bubble liquid and maybe made 10 bubbles all night.)

This morning, Nate got up and went to take a shower. When he got into the hall by the boys room he was overcome by a dreadful, yet familiar odor. Poop. He went into the boys room to find Grant leaning over his bed with legs spread wide. Liquid poo was running down his legs. Max and Grant slept on the floor for a "camp out" last night. It seems that Grant puked (on the blanket, floor and horse that was in close proximity) got up to go the bathroom but was overcome by explosive poo on the way... creating a mess on the other side of the room. At this point, he gave up and just hunched over the bed and started moaning. This is when Nate discovered him. Nate came and woke me up to help. He had Grant in the bathtub so I started the clean-up in the room. During all this, Max is still sound asleep on the floor.

Obviously, I am home with the boys today. Grant continues to have "squirts" but wants to eat candy and drink orange soda. That's helpful. I told him he could have a banana. He responded,"Oh, Man!"

Jack just woke up. There's poop on his sheets and coming out of his diaper. Two with nasty booties. What a fun day.

We're supposed to go to Little Rock when Nate gets home from work for Wilson's birthday party. Happy Birthday, Wilson. Here's a stomach virus for you and your family to share. We are very generous givers.

No comments: