Monday, February 25, 2008

Shoes

Today I took the boys shoe shopping. I called Nate inviting him to go but he said he'd pass. Weird. Why wouldn't anyone want to go shoe shopping with all 3 boys at the mall?

Of course the whole event started out with a fit from Grant. First, he didn't want to go because he wanted to play a game on the computer. Then he "didn't really know" which shoes he wanted to wear. He wanted the light up shoes, then he wanted his crocs and then he finally decided on the horrible spider man plastic flip-flops that are impossible to keep on his feet. I, of course, let him wear the horrible flip flops because I was just happy to hear him make a decision and get out of the house.

We started at Payless to take advantage of BOGO. It was horrible. They didn't have much to choose from as far as spring/summer options go. Max wanted the horribly bright red Lightning McQueen crocs, Grant was crying because he couldn't find his size and Jack wore around some pink mary jane's followed by Dora crocs. Grant finished off our time in Payless by screaming and running through an aisle followed by a punch to Max's face. That lost him his cookie that had been promised to all boys who were "good" which of course, caused a bigger scene.

We ended up at Target. Max wanted Spider Man light up shoes and flip flops, Grant wanted boots and Jack kept trying to stand up in the cart and dive out. I found each precious child a pair of knock off Vans. I just hope they can get them on themselves....

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Very cute shoes! shoe shopping always goes wrong, thank goodness Campbell can usually wear the hand me downs.

Erica said...

I wish I could have been there! I laughed so hard.