Monday, February 25, 2008

Nifty Knitter

I went to a Learn-to-REALLY-Knit party a couple weeks ago. I felt very domesticated and a little bit old sitting around with my yarn and knitting needles with lots of other super fun girls doing the same. It took me over an hour to knit four rows on the beginning attempts of a scarf that will probably remain on the knitting needles for years to come and will eventually be retired next to my scrapbooking supplies.


When I got home and Max saw my yarn he asked me when I was going to make him a camo hat. This was Sunday morning and he said he needed his hat to wear to school the following day so he could write about it in his journal. So, I yanked out my friendly Nifty Knitter and made him an entire hat in an hour. I even made one for my niece that afternoon just for kicks. Of course, then Grant needed a hat. He asked for rainbow but I just didn't think that would quite fit his image.


Max thought Jack and I should try on the hats, too. Grant's actually fit Jack better; I might have to find some rainbow yarn after all...

FYI: At Max's conference his teacher showed us his writing journal with a picture and story about his hat.

No comments: