Monday, June 09, 2008

Just the Beginning

Here's the rundown of our trip to Colorado so far:
THURSDAY- Decided on a whim to go to Broken Arrow.  Quickly finished packing (forgetting socks for Jack) and head out the door at 7:30 pm.  Arrive by 9:30, get the boys in bed upstairs.
FRIDAY- A little after midnight, the Tornado Sirens start to blare.  Bring the boys downstairs, find flashlights, watch the amazing lightening.  We experience nothing but a really heavy thunderstorm.  Learn minutes later from a storm chaser on TV the tornado knocked down electric poles about a block away.  Finally sleep after the excitement.  Leave BA around noon to head to Colorado.  Grant rode with Papa for the majority of the trip.  No stripped tires, no yakimas opening, no tickets... it was a very uneventful trip (minus the one time when I was adjusting the cruise control and all the lights on my dash lit up.  A little alarming to see in the darkness so I didn't use the cruise control for the last 3 hours).  Somewhere along the way decided to drive the whole way.  Arrived in Highlands Ranch about 12:30 am (which I guess is technically Saturday).
SATURDAY- Crazy kids woke up at 6:00 am.  Sent them in to Nana.  Walked the greenbelt searching for frogs.  Played at the park. Boys waded in the run-off to the pond.  Lots of telling Grant to "settle down" and "control yourself".  His crazy button has been stuck in the ON position.
SUNDAY- Drove up to Rocky Mtn. National Park.  Hiked around Bear Lake.  Lots of snow, elk and chipmunks.  Max's final count of animals was elk-32, deer-2 and chipmunks-7.  Grant pet a chipmunk and was crazy excited about it.  Short lecture followed about biting and rabies.  Ate at Culver's on the way back.
MONDAY- Mom & Dad are at work so it's just me and the boys... whatever shall we do?

3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

OOHHHH the chipmunks!

This post was so fun. It reminded me of 10 YEARS AGO when we lived in CO together! 10 YEARS!!! You are getting old girl! haha

Emily said...

Me too Me too!! I lived there too!! I was SO thinking about staying with your parents there when I read this post and seriously, there is WAY more to do there than here....ahhh...the chipmunks!! I have pictures of them eating from my hand. you never told me about rabies and biting, what kind of D group leader where you?? Miss you girl!!!
totally OT, but Anna, where are you guys living? AR? OK?

Emily said...

um, sorry, the excitement of CO got to me, that was supposed to be "were" you....