Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Flower "Knowledge" Abounds

So... as I was saying. I don't know anything about flowers.

Here's an e-mail from my mom:

My sweet daughter
Are you sure your thriving flowers are geraniums? Out here we call them periwinkles... Now I know there are many species of geraniums, so I may be totally incorrect... perhaps that is why they are thriving! However, whatever they are, They are beautiful - and congratulations on their survival!!

mom (I rarely can remember what any of my flowers are, so I really have no room to talk -or correct)

I contacted my flower expert friend, David. Here is his reply:

Hey Sarah,
Nate's mom is wrong and your mom is mostly wrong--they are impatiens (or most of them)! In the pot on the left, in the very back, there does seem to be a periwinkle plant--based on the foliage.


I could have sworn Gloria told me they were geraniums but I'm probably crazy because she knows a lot more about flowers than most people I know. I just wanted to correct myself in case I confused anyone. Regardless, they are still blooming!

No comments: