Sunday, March 30, 2008

Party Time

Months ago, we decided to have Jack's birthday part at the Drive-Thru Safari. He loves it there and he has a spring birthday so we have outdoor options for parties.

When I woke in the early morning hours to pounding thunder, lightening rain and pouring rain I said a silent prayer, "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP RAINING!" It was still raining when I woke up. I told Max we needed to pray that the rain would stop for Jack's party. He decided we should all pray out loud right then and there. We checked http://www.weather.com/ for the hour-by-hour updates all morning. Should we postpone? Just come to our house for cake? Brave the weather? Long story short, we opted to have cake and open presents at Nate's parent's house then head out to the Safari. It did stop raining (thank you, Jesus!) and it warmed up to a nice 52 degrees.



The friendly lion cake, made of course, by the amazing Kathy Frey.


The big boys.




The little guys.


The baby.


The birthday boy.

1 comment:

Allison Nelson said...

The cake is adorable! So sad we had to miss. It looked like fun!