Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kurt's Party

Our good friend Kurt Meredith graduated from law school on Saturday. He is obviously very smart, not to mention a Democrat and closet meat eater (at least when his parents are around). We got him a really cool graduation card with George Bush's picture on it that I'm sure he will cherish always.

We joined the festivities of his party Saturday morning. It was so much fun because 1) Kurt accomplished an amazing feat and is no longer in law school and 2) we got to see all of our good friends that for some reason we never see anymore and 3) Georgia made some amazing vegetarian food (sorry, Kurt. I can't resist).


I thought it would be fun to have a picture of all the kids. 5/7 looking at the camera....



4ish/7 looking at the camera. Jack can't take his eyes off of Brooklyn's beauty.

Wilson really just wasn't interested in being in any pictures... and where did Campbell go?

More attempts at a picture of all the boys.


They're cute, regardless if they're looking at the camera or not. I mean, check out Campbell's pants and hat. It doesn't get much better than that. Whitney and I both got our boys in their preppies in honor of Kurt.


Kurt dashed all of our hopes by not wearing a bow tie at his party. But, he did wear white shoes that Max thought were pretty cool. Max told me he would like to have some shoes like that.

Sidenote: Poor Emma was the only girl (besides her sister...but Brooklyn isn't quite to the playing age yet) Now, to her credit, Emma worked the crowd and had Kurt and Georgia's relatives gushing over her and getting her anything she wanted. At one point all the boys decided to play tag. I don't know if Emma was playing or they just thought she was playing. She came running over to John crying (just a little) saying Grant had hit her on her back. I asked her if he said, "TAG!" when he hit her back. She whimpered that he had. (With Grant you never know... I was relieved that he was trying to play a game this time rather than just hitting " 'cause I wanted to.") Emma decided she didn't like that game.

Girls and boys are so different. She was seriously outnumbered but held her own as best she could. You go, Emma.

No comments: