Thursday, May 03, 2007

invasion of the bird

Last night we were watching American Idol, of course. Max really loves American Idol and talks about it throughout the week. "Mom, so who do you think should leave tonight? I hope it's not Melinda. I think it might be time for Lakrisha to go." Grant chimed in when BonJovi was singing, "Well, I guess that's the guy who got ticked off" (while kicking his leg). It's only a little bit sad that our small children are so aware of what's happening on American Idol. I mean, Grant realizes that whoever sings on the 2nd night is going home.

So, during this Grant went into the front living room and called out, "Hey, Maxo. There's a bird in here." Max went to see and they started talking about the bird. I thought they were full of it. Nate got up to investigate (I generally don't move from my spot on the couch during AI). Nate confirmed that there was in fact a bird in our house. At this point, it flies into the living room where I am and lands on the entertainment center bookshelf. Apparently, I am scared of little birds flying around my house. I got up, ran hunched over to Jack, grab him and run to the hallway as if I were being shot at. I swear to you, that bird was dive bombing me. I shut the door behind me but mustered up the strength to reach my hand out the door when Nate yelled to turn out the lights. Max came and joined Jack and I in the hall. Grant stayed out in the living room trying to chase the bird out. Nate was turning off all the lights in the house to try to encourage the bird to fly to the porch where the light was on. Grant yelled and gave us the all clear, "It's O-tay. The bird flew outside."

So, little birds and squirrels. I don't like them in my house.

(Go to my friend Emily's blog and read about her adventure with a flying creature!)

No comments: