Monday, August 17, 2009

J's 1st Day

Much to Jack's delight, today was the first day of preschool! He has been looking forward to this day ever since his "teacher conference" 2 weeks ago. He has seriously asked, "Is my school open?" every single day since we met his teacher and visited his classroom. He threw a fit when we left that day because he wanted to stay, see "his people" and eat a snack. We were driving home from somewhere at 9:30 pm last week and passed the street where we turn for his preschool. He gasped and said, "Is it time for my school?!" Poor guy. I promise we tried to have some fun this summer.


I tried to take his picture before we left the house this morning but as soon as I said it was almost time to go he was in the car sitting in his booster seat. He would have gotten in the car at 6:45 am if I'd let him but I told him he had to eat breakfast and wear clothes before he could go to school. This picture next to the parking lot right before we walked inside. Can you sense his giddyness?
When I dropped him off he layed on the floor behind a table and wouldn't get up to play dinosaurs with the other kids. He didn't cry. Apparently he just wanted to observe from afar first. Nate picked him up and the first thing Jack said was, "Daddy! I not done playing yet." I hope his positive school attitude continues for the next 15 years.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh my! He's such a sweet boy!