Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Batman Party

I thought Jack's accomplishment this summer was worthy of its own post...

I would like to proudly announce that after 7 years and 10 months of purchasing and changing diapers we are a diaper free house!

After much pleading, bargaining, bribing and threatening I was given the great idea (thank you Emily) of rewarding Jack with a party after a week of no accidents. It only took ten days (one start over) to earn his Batman Party. Why didn't I think of this idea months ago?!

Jack was so proud of putting stickers on his chart. He meticulously chose and placed them every night.

He pooped aqua colored poo for a week after eating this cake but hey, it was in the potty.


The grand prize: Batmand underoos. Life is good for potty trained boys.

Did I mention I never have to buy that huge box of diapers at Sam's again?

1 comment:

Megan said...

That 7 years and 10 months thing, oh that got to me! That feels like a long time. *sigh* Feeling a little sorry for myself, but I'm really glad for you.

I've still got two diaper-wearers, but hey at least they're not all 3 in diapers like they were for a few months after Ella was born. That was a crazy time.

Totally gonna try the party idea for Cooper. I have a feeling he might be quicker to train because he already is invested and interested. He tells me on a regular basis: "I wanna go sit on the pot." And he does. Nothing happens there, but it's certainly a start.