Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bird of Prey

Most people won't be surprised to learn that there was another random animal sighting at our home. Fortunately, this one remained outside.

I was in the kitchen and noticed something swooping down out of the corner of my eye. I looked to see a hawk landing on our fence. I really needed a picture of it because Nate and Grant weren't home and I knew they'd want to see it. Everytime I tried opening the sliding door to get a shot 1) the hawk would turn and look in my direction and/or 2) Leo (our cat) would try to escape... which I envisioned ending in seeing Leo flying over our house in the clutches of the hawk's talons. Thus, the picture is super zoomed with an enormous gas can in it as a result of my standing in the kitchen with my arm stuck out the door trying to get a shot.


Also, today as I was pulling out of the driveway a bird flew into the storm door on our house. That in itself isn't that strange except this bird appeared to be some sort of parakeet... or whatever bird is bright green with hints of orange and yellow. After the ramming of the door, it hopped around on the porch a second before flying away. Max said, "That bird looks like one in my rainforest book."

Attack of the random birds? If I see an emu walk by it's all over...

3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

i'm loving the i thought we were moving comment.

and another animal siting.

mcgooden madness rocks!

The Walkie Talkie said...

did the birds eat you????? i miss mcgooden madness! love, jb

Kathryn said...

awh..I wish I could be with your boys there is no telling what goes on in a day. I have yet to see any exotic birds in Laos send them home send them this way..hahah