Thursday, September 18, 2008

One less tooth

Max finally lost his first tooth today. He has been anxiously waiting for this day for so very long. I have a "thing" about bloody, wiggly teeth... the thought kind of makes my skin crawl but I sucked it up and yanked his little tooth out when he got home from school today. He was so excited... he went and got a ziploc baggy and carried it around the house waiting for his daddy to get home so he could show him. He carried it over to show the neighbors. After everyone had seen it and the phone calls had been made to tell Grandma's what had happened Max went to put the tooth under his pillow.

As the story goes, apparently Max took the tooth out of the baggy, climbed onto the top bunk, realized he had wet the bed the night before, started taking off the sheets, which resulted in the tooth being dropped and thus lost. We searched every inch of his room and the path from his room to the washing machine- no tooth. He was a little upset. I told him just to write the tooth fairy a note explaining what happened. Here is what he wrote:


I lat my tooth tooth fare. I do not no wa it is.


After writing it he asked me for an envelope or some tape. He wanted to attach 4 pennies to his note. I told him he didn't need to give the tooth fairy any money. He said, "But I lost my tooth so I need to do a little more."

Before he climbed into bed he opened his bedroom window, "Just in case she comes."

2 comments:

Georgia said...

That is funny. Max...such a sweet, giving boy. I bet that tooth fairy is excited to finally get some money back.

Kelli said...

Congrats, Max!