Friday, January 25, 2008

Student of the Month

Today Max was awarded as Student of the Month in his class for exhibiting compassion at their Lion's Pride rally. Nate took a late lunch and came, Memaw & Pepaw came and of course, his mom and little brothers. He had the biggest showing, by far.

When their names were called they went to the front of the cafeteria and were handed pom poms. Then the whole school sang the Lee Lion's kids have great character song....

Max's exhibition performance with pom poms. We are so proud.

Lee the lion made an appearance.


The amazing Mrs. Lewis.


Then, when we got home balloons were delivered from aunt Nikki congratulating Max on his achievements. He was very unimpressed by all of our excitement. I asked him if he was surprised to see us all at school and if he knew why we were at the rally. He said, "Yeah, 'cause I'm always student of the month." I guess it's good he got the award now before humility is the character trait they're looking for.

Way to go, Max-o!

1 comment:

Little Oak Table said...

that is HILARIOUS!!!