Today is Grant's 4th birthday. It was going to be a fun day. It's our last day of break before we all go back to school, MDO and work so it was going to be special. We were going to meet Nate for lunch at McDonald's. I was going to give both the boys their birthday money and let them get whatever they wanted (yes, Max's birthday is in November but it's so much easier to wait and let them shop together). We were going to go the store and let Grant pick out what kind of cake he wanted and what he wanted me to make for his birthday dinner and special cupcakes to take to MDO tomorrow.
Instead....
I told the boys repeatedly to get dressed so we could go to lunch. Max got 75% dressed. Grant got 0% dressed. I told Grant that this was the last time I was going to tell him to get dressed or we wouldn't go have his special birthday lunch with Daddy. At this point, I called Max in to try to help the situation and asked him to help get Grant dressed so we could go eat at McDonalds. He just started whining. I then went in Jack's room to find Grant sitting on the floor of the closet playing with toys, still not at all dressed. So, I called Nate and told him we wouldn't be making lunch today. The boys were sent to their room to sit on their beds.
I went in and had a "little talk" with them explaining all the fun things we could have done if they had obeyed. I told them they could come out and and make themselves lunch but then they'd have to go and lay on their beds for rest time. I told Grant he needed to get dressed before he could eat lunch. He continued to play. I set the timer telling him that he needed to be dressed when the timer went off or he'd go to bed without lunch. He got his pants on then started playing again. The timer went off and he just looked at me and grinned.
Now, Grant is in bed halfway dressed without lunch and Max is in bed after eating applesauce and sprite. Usually, I'm happy when my house if quiet and everyone is resting. Today I just really wanted to go to McDonalds.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment