Monday, September 10, 2007

Just Another Day

This morning I woke Max up for school and he said he didn't feel good. I asked him what was wrong. He replied, "My mouth feels funny." Well, any veteran mom knows what that means. I think I might have scared him when I told him to hurry up and run to the bathroom. Puking followed. So, no perfect attendance for Max-o.

I worked until 11:30 then came home so Nate could go to work. The fun afternoon activity with the boys was going to the Chrysler dealership to get a new key and keyless transmitter for the minivan. It has been over 2 weeks since my dear, sweet Max took my keys while on the sidelines during his soccer game to use the little scissors from my swiss army knife to cut the grass even after being told to put them away. At first, he said he put them back in my bag.... the next day he said, "Oh, I remember. I left them by those metal chairs." Many searches over the soccer fields and after annoying Jose, the grounds guy for the youth center about 5 times I gave up hope of my miracle. Just in case this ever happens to you: a new key costs $50.50, the little transmitter thing costs $37.00 and another $40.00 to program everything to work. Hold on to your keys, dear friends and don't let your little ones even touch them. It is going to take Max years to pay me back since his allowance only pays $2.00/week (just kidding).

We then went to Wal-Mart to get Max some sprite, white bread and bananas. It was here I realized he was feeling much better. He and Grant are not fun to take anywhere together because apparently, they are training for their futures in wrestling. Grant, the ANVIL and Stone Cold Max-o seized the open aisles of wal-mart to take each other down. I'm beginning to ignore the stares from the little old ladies. I pretend to look around disgusted as if I'm looking for their parents. Grant added a new element today, pretending to throw a fit as he touched every can on the shelf. He would shriek... laugh... shriek... laugh... you get the idea.

I love relaxing days out with my boys.

No comments: