Saturday, September 29, 2007

It Takes a Neighborhood

The big day finally arrived... the play set is here. It's amazing how much work it takes to get a "clubhouse" (as Max already calls it) in the yard. Nate's parents; Nate's sister; our neighbor, Tim; 2 other neighbor guys whose names we don't know (Thomas and Jennifer's dad and brother); Sean Scotney; Nate's friend, Luke, from work; Spencer and Jacqueline Presley and John Nelson in spirit (thanks for the offer, get better, Big Guy).

The grand arrival.

Our neighbor, Tim, kindly obliged when we asked if he'd cut down a couple branches of his tree. The play set was too tall to fit under in order to back the trailer back to the fence. He's been talking about cutting down the branches for a while, fortunately he has a chain saw.


Everyone hard at work. The kids had to test it out before it was officially complete.

The grand finale! Thomas and Jennifer have already put in a lot of play time. Bring on the neighborhood.

Do you think they like it? Thank you, Memaw and Pepaw!


2 comments:

Shelli said...

Just FYI...I'm now pretty certain (after looking at pictures on Nelsons blog) that it was NOT Grant on the back of the phone book...but dang, it really DOES kind of look like him.

Amber said...

That is the coolest playset I've ever seen. I'm very proud of that.

How's my favorite mom of three boy? I wish I saw you somewhere other than the computer. I'll have three by Thursday! Ahhhh!