Tuesday, September 25, 2007

easily angered

I do not have road rage. I'm not going to pretend that I don't get mad while driving. People cutting me off or driving slow in the fast lane makes me as crazy as anyone else but, overall, I'm pretty even tempered on the road.

But, I am beginning to learn through continuous exposure that I am developing "sitting in the line outside of the school" rage. Generally, I sit in the car about 30 minutes every day waiting for Max to get out of school. The lines begin before 2:30 and by 2:45 have reached the street. Once in the street, hoards of parents park on either side of the road to begin creeping through the lines.

Today, my wait began around 2:45 as the first car to form the line in the street. By 3:00 (the time school is dismissed), there were at least 10 cars behind me in the street and probably more than that in the opposing line ready to make the turn into the drive.

Let me interject there are some basic, understood RULES of the waiting process:
1. Don't block the buses.
2. Don't cut in line.

To my dismay, right around 3:00 3 cars pulled into the drive today completing cutting in front of all the cars who had been waiting at least 20 minutes in the street breaking both of the cardinal rules! To make matters worse, one of the cars parked at the end of the line, got out of the car and went into the school. When that happened, a mom from a waiting in the street car, also agitated by the cars not waiting their turn in line got out and told 2 of the parents they needed to get in the back of the line.

When the car riders finally got out of school (they are last after bus riders and walkers) and the lines starting creeping the one car was still parked, blocking off one of the lines of traffic. I confess, I had mean thoughts and gave her a glare when she finally made it back to her car.

AHHHHH!

No comments: