It's been quite an exciting week around our house:
1) We noticed a "bulge" in a wall in the living room (the one where the clock is by the train table with the bathtub on the other side). A bulge can never be a good thing when it is on a wall.
2) Nate finally sent back the power cord for the laptop (that worked for 4 days) only to learn that he sent back the original power cord, not the one that he had bought off e-bay.
3) I called our insurance company to discuss the "bulge" and our computer. I was praying and racking my brain trying to figure out how we could afford to fix a wall and get a new computer. It "just came to me" that I should try our homeowner's policy. I remembered we got additional computer coverage which could potentially get us a new laptop. If water damage caused the "bulge" it could potentially be covered too, right?
4) Oh, I almost forgot... our refrigerator hasn't been very cold. I called GE because when we got it Nate accidentally bought the really long in-home service warranty. They provided us with a service provider in our area. Long story short... after MANY phone calls to the service provider and back to GE and being put on hold listening to horrible music we've been re-assigned a new service provider. I don't recommend Selby's Appliance Service. They don't call back or provide service.
5) Tuesday was going to be my day of rest/relaxation without children all by myself. I had the day off from work due to benchmark testing. I had scheduled my prenatal massage. But, Grant woke up with liquid poo and couldn't go to mother's day out. I had to cancel my massage and Grant and I ended up pulling paneling down instead.
6) Nate had a job-interview/ informative meeting that he is excited about.
7) Yesterday, Darrell, the really nice claims adjuster guy came over and looked at the damage caused by the bulge. Fortunatly, there wasn't too much mold and what is there can be easily removed without major renovation. Unfortunately, damage like this isn't generally covered by home owner's insurance because it wasn't caused by a peril... it was caused by poor construction. He said he'd try his best to word it in a way that it will be covered.
8) The boys and I left Wal-Mart minutes before the fugitive ran in and was shot. Grant commented on the "airplane" (helicopter) as we were pulling out of the parking lot.
In summary:
* We have a hole in the wall from the bathroom to the living room.
* Our refrigerator is still not very cold.
* We don't have a functioning computer.
* My due date is in 3 weeks.
* Nate has a potential job lead which could mean some income.
* God is good.
I'm ready for this week to be over!
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This entry reminds me of Proverbs 31. You're like a super hero Sarah. A pregnant one. Women are so much better at multi-tasking then men.
That is a true comment. Sarah is a pregnant super hero and I suck at multi-tasking!
Post a Comment