Bekah and I have completely opposite party philosphies. I think the bigger the better. She thinks they are unnecessary, "she doesn't need one", etc. She told all of us this would be Ava's only party until she was old enough to ask for one. Bekah did have a "pink" theme, some cool ceiling decorations, cupcakes and a few appetizers. Bekah had a wedding shower to go to the morning of the party. Not five minutes after she left Dave asked, "So what are we going to do for this party?" He proceded to call Jumpman and order a princess Jumper. He told the guy they needed to have it at his house by 1:00 because that's what time his wife was getting home. It's amazing how fast they can set one of those things up! We tried convincing Dave to get a pony, too, but it didn't happen.
Of course, the thing was huge. You could see it as soon as you turned into the neighborhood. Bekah wasn't exactly excited about it. Dave's response was, "It's princess... I kept with the theme" and "Well, I didn't know all you had planned was nuts and broccoli." Way to go, Dave. I can't wait to see what's going to be at Ava's party next year.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Happy Birthday to Ava!
Last weekend (before the minor head injury incident) we went to Broken Arrow to celebrate Ava's 1st birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am laughing SO hard! I of course LOVE the princess jumping castle. I am already thinking princess theme for AG's 1st birthday. Hope I can rent one of those in Colorado!
Surely they make a snow princess variety...
Post a Comment