Today was Max's graduation program. It was really funny. The 4 kindergarten classes shared what they learned with token props and songs about each subject. Then there was a transition period between the program and the diploma acceptance with a slide show of every kindergartener saying what they want to be when they grow up. The responses ranged from teacher, doctor, and scientist to McDonald's and Wal-Mart workers. They had each student dressed up as what they wanted to be. (My personal favorites were King and "pretty" mom. ) Max wants to be a Marine Biologist. I can't wait to visit him at work! After the slide show was the big moment of walking across the stage in cap (no gown) to accept their diploma.

Max and his friend Clayton. All the kids were looking frantically for their families when they got on stage. This was Max's response to finding us (really blurry since it was super zoomed).
"We learned there are 8 planets in our Solar System."

Max & Mrs. Lewis. They did a little presentation for Mrs. Lewis since this was her last graduation ceremony as a kindergarten teacher. It was a tear jerker.
Memaw & Pepaw with the troops.
The program was supposed to last from 1:00-3:00. Nate could only miss work for an hour (his lunch break). I was told it would be better for him to be at the 2nd half since Mrs. Lewis' class would be the last to walk. Well, the whole thing only last 1 hour so Nate missed it all. We met him on the lawn outside after it was over. Stink. But, I did order the DVD being made by the SHS videoagraphers so at least he'll be able to see it some day.
1 comment:
I can't believe I saw you at the park today! It took me a second to realize that it was you (after I walked away-sorry!). You all looked busy, so I didn't want to interrupt.. Max looks so grown up in his tie! What a cutie! Tell him congrats. It's neat they have a kindergarten graduation, but I don't remember having one either.
Shannon Knotts
Post a Comment