Tuesday, August 21, 2007

soccer season

Grant has been wanting to play soccer for 2 years, ever since Max started to play. He has always practiced with Max's team and run out on the field during games. Now, it's finally Grant's turn. Saturday was his first game.


He acted like a monster.


Picked his boogers.


And for a few minutes even ran around chasing Chi who was kicking the ball.

I didn't get a picture of this but...

When Nate and I switched (so I could watch Max for a little bit and Nate could watch Grant) Grant laid down in the middle of the field refusing to play. Nate called me to tell me. I came back down, went out on the field and told him if he didn't play he wasn't going to get the snack after the game. He proceded to walk off the field and try to take off his cleats. This was more serious that I thought. If the restriction of food doesn't work on Grant, nothing will. I went back up to watch Max. Apparently, Nate bribed him with going to the library after the game because the next time I saw them Grant was walking to the car eating his snack.

Soccer is so much fun.

No comments: