Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day


Since I was going to be in Tulsa on the morning of Father's Day the boys and I got some chocolate milk and donuts in advance. I hid the donuts in a cabinet and put a paper sack over the milk with instructions telling Nate not to peek. Before I left, I showed Max where the donuts and their father's day card were hidden so he could get them out and surprise Nate on the big day. He kept asking, "Do I do it tomorrow?"

When I found out the boys were coming to Tulsa I just thought that we'd have the donuts and milk when we got home. But, Max told Nate that he had some things he needed to bring. He told Nate he'd need a cooler and a bag. Max remembered to bring the goodies and even brought the FD cards in the car (for some reason, the cards didn't make it past the car and Nate didnt' get them until we got back home). I was so impressed that for one, he kept it all a secret and second, he remembered all by himself! Such a sweet little guy.


Much to Nate's delight our whole family got to spend the whole day together. Thanks, Natey.

No comments: