Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Life at the Hampton- Weeks 2 & 3

I think the craziness of life with 3 little guys has just been magnified living in a hotel. Life at home was crazy but now it is just a little more wild. People ask how life with 3 is... I don't know if it's having 3 or living here or both!

Last weekend there wasn't any hot water on our "wing". Stinks for us... sucks for the hotel! It was U of A graduation weekend and the SEC track tournament. Auburn was staying here. The hotel was full. We survived. At the Holiday Inn there is a shower by the pool because you're supposed to shower off before swimming (does anyone ever do that?) so we used that a time or two. Nate tried to shower at the Kelleys because they were out of town but for some reason he couldn't get the shower to work. On Sunday, we packed up and went to Nate's parent's house and used their facilities. By Monday afternoon, the hot water heater was functioning again.

It is finally warm enough to swim outside. That has been the highlight of our weeks. The boys love it. Throw them in a floatie and they're entertained for hours. Usually we have the pool to ourselves since not many people hang out at their hotel in the middle of the afternoon on weekdays. This weekend there were other people swimming. Max told another hotel guest that his "daddy can walk on water." Cool. He also likes to pretend he is God. He moved a chair for me and I said, "Max, you are so strong." He said, "Yeah. I'm strong like God."

Max pulled the fire alarm.

This morning the wonderful housekeeper who speaks no English asked, "You want service?" I said, "Yes, but don't worry about the floor. It's such a mess." She smiled, "No comprende." I said, "I'm sorry..." We left here in a frenzy to get to Mother's Day Out. The boys had pitted the place with cards, cut up paper and stickers. I really wanted to clean up before we left but it just didn't happen. The poor, wonderful housekeeper cleaned it all up. I love her. I may take her home with us when we leave. I'm sure she would run fleeing. I bet she lives for the days when I say we don't need service. I try to do that at least once a week to give the poor lady a break!

Grant loves to eat in the lobby. He gets up in the morning asking to go to the lobby. "I eat lobby." Tonight I asked him what he wanted for dinner. "I eat lobby." I tried to explain that there is only food in the lobby for breakfast. He didn't get it. He was insistant on going to the lobby to eat dinner. So we went and I showed him there wasn't any food. The poor, little guy was so disappointed. We love that continental breakfast. I am officially addicted to the fresh, cut fruit. They've run out a couple days and I really miss it.

Still no word on the status of our house. The guy has never called me. I've called once a week. Last I was told on Thursday night they were awaiting the status of the 2nd mold test. Pray it comes back clean! Grant, especially, is ready to go home.

For now, we're still in our "hometel".

No comments: