Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dirty Words


Yesterday at Mother's Day Out Max called one of his classmates a f***er. I know, that was my reaction, too. His teacher asked him if he said it. He said, "Yes." She said that when she told him it was a cuss word his eyes were the size of saucers. On the way home, I was telling him what a naughty word that was... that in the bible God tells us not to use bad words like that.... etc. Then, I told him when his daddy got home from work he wanted to talk to him about where he heard that word. Max said, "The LORD wants to talk to me?!" I wish I could adequately describe the look of fear on his face.

This is his second cussing episode we know of. The first was at dinner one night.... a really long time ago when we used to live in a house. Bailey had done something on the back porch (I can't exactly remember what it was). Max looked outside and loudly said, "Dammit!" I asked, "What did you just say?" Max said, "Dammit. Look what she just did." It's not only that he's cussed but that he's used the words in the appropriate context. If this is what Max is like, can you imagine Grant in a couple years! God, give me strength.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i love you sarah & know that you are such a wonderful mom! your boys are blessings.