
Wednesday we decided that Max and Grant were in desperate need of a nap... either that or Nate and I were in desperate need of a break from them. We put the boys down around 2:00.
During that time...
* lots of screaming, laughing, loud clanks on the walls
* lots of crying and blaming
* Max ran out and "tattled" on Grant because he was spitting. Nate went back and realized that Grant had found a cup of milk... really old milk... that he drank then immediately began spitting out.
* Nate and I start looking for the keys to his car that Max was playing with earlier that day. Nate thinks we aren't going to be able to find them so he goes and gets the boys and brings them out to the van thinking we are all going to have to take him to work. I found the keys at that moment.
* The boys are sent back to take a nap. Screaming incurs.
-----Nate went to work-----
* Max ran out and said that Grant got something in his eyes. Grant is screaming. I found him sitting on the changing table with antibiotic hand cleaner covering his face. I put Jack down on his blanket on the floor, grabbed Grant and put him in the shower to "flush the eye", clothes and all.
* Max calls out from his room that Jack is on his pillow. I look to see what he is talking about and realize he has picked Jack up, carried him into his room and placed him on his bed. I reminded Max he is not supposed to carry Jack. He said, "Well, Jack's not supposed to lay on the floor."
* Grant and Max are sent back to lay down (again) and threatened with something (I can't remember all the great things I threatened them with) if they get out of their beds.
* Much laughter is heard. I go back to their room to find a winter wonderland... created by baby powder that Grant is pouring out on everything.
* More threats (they are really productive).
* I hear Max in the bathroom again (it's about his 7th time to "pee" during nap time). I go to tell him to go back to bed because no normal human being that is not pregnant should have to pee that much... I notice he is washing something green off his hands. He immediately says, "My brother did it." Reluctantly, I look into their room and see Grant smearing green paint all over their little table. He has a huge glob of green paint in his hair, there are hand prints on the wall, paint on his sheets and on the floor. Grant gets another bath. (In case you were wondering, the paint came out of one of those paint brushes that you squeeze and the paint comes out. I keep them in the cabinet in the kitchen. No clue as to where they found the green one.)
* The floor is lost under blankets and every toy they own.
* It's 5:00 and time to go to soccer practice. Neither of them came close to taking a nap.
On the way to soccer, they both fell asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment