Thursday, January 12, 2006

Body Parts

Yesterday I was laying on the couch (it's my favorite thing to do these days) and Max came over and jumped on me. I said, "Ow!" He said, "Oh, did I hit your penis?" I explained that I didn't have a penis. He looked at me and asked, "How do you pee?" I told him that girls have a hole that they pee out of. He said, "A hole? Why do you have a hole?" I told him it's called a vagina. He gave me the funniest look and said, "Mom, are you kidding me? A vagina?" Then he started laughing. He acted as if I had just made up the stupidest word I could think of.
I realize now that girls don't really pee out of that... but what is the "pee hole" called? I wasn't anticipating the girl body part discussion!
On those same lines, I was putting on my bra the other day and Max said, "Oh.... that's for those, not your tummy!"

4 comments:

Drew Caperton said...

Yeah, the other day Jed pointed to my penis and said, "pooh pooh." I corrected him and it wasn't a big deal, but it made me not look forward to future body part discussions. Ah, parenting.

John Nelson said...

I just want to know 2 things:

1) What is the hole's proper name? You got me wondering.

2) Will it ever stop hurting when the kids come crashing into your crotch?

Sarah said...

the "hole's" proper name is urethra.

Sarah said...

i think lori and i must have left comments at the exact same time!