Fish sticks, green beans, cottage cheese and pineapple. Seems innocent enough... but not when you're feeding it to my boys. Grant didn't have a nap today; let start there. He was hungry and crabby- fun for me. Max wanted to be watching Star Wars but he was a little bit excited about fish sticks and ketchup. So we started with the prayer. Max wanted to sing his Mother's Day Out prayer. We held hands. This is when I realized I hadn't washed Grant's hands. Oh well. So we start singing the prayer. Max wanted to sing it alone. Then Grant wanted to sing it. So we held hands again. Then Max wanted to sing it again... Is it bad to tell your kids to stop praying so you can eat? Grant went to stab a fish stick with his fork. His entire plate went flying to the floor landing upside down. He said, "Oh no." Mommy said, "I need a drink." I picked up the food from the floor and put it back on his plate. That's right, he had dirty hands and he ate food that had fallen all over the floor (except for the cottage cheese, that's where I draw the line). After I wiped up the floor we resumed with dinner. I told Max he had to eat a green bean. He told me he needed a glass of water because milk didn't wash it down right. I got him some water. Then he covered a green bean with ketchup and slowly brought it to his mouth. He began to chew and made the most disgusted face. He said, "This is just a widdy bit yucky." I couldn't help but laugh. Grant started flinging green beans then threw his glass of milk. Grant stood up in his chair. Max stood up in his chair. Grant stood up again. Dinner was officially over.
I love peaceful dinners at home.
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what is up with these spammers? I think you can turn off anonymous users under your settings.
Dinner at your house sounds like dinner with jacqueline
ohmygoodness! WOW. so basically life never gets boring . . . or calm . . .
Post a Comment