Last night we were out running errands: library for books and movies to keep the boys occupied over the weekend, the mall for a tie (Max is supposed to wear one in his Kindergarten cap & gown picture Monday), Sam's for some groceries, etc. After looking in 8 stores in the mall for a tie (apparently ties are very much an Easter item) that is appropriate for a 6 year old rather than a very old man (Sears had some seriously UGLY kids ties) we left. I mentioned to Nate that I had 3 certificates for free kids meals at Red Robin. We thought we'd give it a try. We rarely eat out at semi-nice places and hardly ever at Red Robin. The parking lot was packed so we were rethinking our decision. Then we saw the golden parking spot, right in front of the door. It MUST be meant to be. We were given the big corner booth. We got the kids settled in their boosters, got the crayons out, gave them their menus to color, read the kid menu to each of the boys, they decided and redecided what they wanted to eat, Nate noticed a soft drink cost $2.49, I finally decided what I wanted to eat.... all this time no server had come to take our drink orders. We realized we had already been there over 15 minutes. A couple servers walk by- nothing. Nate tried to get someones attention- kept on walking. For those of you with children, you know that waiting 20 minutes without the hope of food being served soon is not acceptable. We were quickly running out of time in that window of quiet and well behavedness. We decided to leave (after bribing the boys with ice cream on the way home). We grabbed 3 balloons on the way out (we weren't leaving that place without anything!) and after walking in 28 minutes earlier, we left. After I buckled Jack in I went back in and told the hostess the corner booth was available again because we were leaving. She said she'd tell a manager.... I didn't want to stay for that.
We ate pizza and icees at Sam's instead.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would so be getting a free dinner out of that after I spoke with the owner over the phone- it wouldn't even be funny!!!
I agree!!! Free Dinner for the Mcgoodens!
You probably still came out WAY cheaper at sams, even with free kids meals and drinking water!
i hear ya! we had TERRIBLE service the last time we were there, and our waiter was too clueless to even realize that we were upset with him.
after hearing your story, i'm pretty sure we'll never eat there again. i can spend the 10 bucks it costs for one burger on way better things, i'm sure.
I know I could have made a stink about it and usually I do. I just thought I probably don't want to go back... I mean, $2.50 for a coke?! Good grief... I could get 1/4 gallon of gas for that.
Post a Comment