Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mistaken Demons

I thought Jack had somehow found some little demons and eaten them. He has been absolutely HORRIBLE the past week. He's been screaming, saying "NO!" to everything you offer him, not sleeping, coughing, resisting having his nose wiped, saying "TOP!" (aka. STOP!), hitting, flailing on the floor and did I mention screaming? I told Nate that someone had somehow traded our sweet baby with this horrible one and that I wanted trade backs.

I called the doctor's office Friday. I told Jenifer, the nurse we love, that Jack either needed some strong medicine or some demons removed.

We saw Dr. Jackson that afternoon. Apparently, the mistaken demon possession was a case of bronchitis and early pneumonia. Dr. Jackson was listening to his lungs and said, "Do you see how rapidly he's breathing? How long has he been doing that?" Ummm.... I told him I was pretty sure I'd notice if he ever stopped breathing but that I had no idea and had not noticed the rapid/labored breathing. I am definitely out of the running for mom of the year!

Jack fell asleep on the way home. I laid him in his bed at 4:30 pm knowing full well it was way too late for him to take a nap but knowing he so desperately needed one.

He didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning. Yes, we thought his labored breathing had overcome him multiple times and checked on him constantly.

PRAYER, ear drops, zithromax and sleep is a sure-fire way to get rid of demons. We can't wait to see you again, sweet Jack.

3 comments:

Cindy Watson said...

Hi...Merry Christmas Sarah. I found your blog on one that was linked to another one of my favorites. You will have to visit ours...

www.whatsupwiththewatsons.blogspot.com

Cindy Watson

Little Oak Table said...

That is so sad he is so sick. Man, who would think to monitor rapid breathing? Especially when they are flailing around on the floor like so. I'm pretty sure Reed must have had untreated bronch/pneumo. for about 9 months of his life at one point :). Glad to hear this will get better!! Your cards were cute!

Brian Hirschy said...

I like you guys, but heres the thing, you guys are freak'n crazy! Possibly the one characteristic that makes me like you guys so much.