I hate to say it, but I am so glad Halloween is over. Holidays were a lot more fun as a kid. I had no idea how much work a little, meaningless holiday could be. When I was little, we just told my mom what we wanted to be, went about our business of playing with barbies and My Little Ponies and presto, on Halloween night all 4 of us were in our homemade costumes and on the way to the school carnival and trick-or-treating. (disclaimer: we did have the standard black cat and ballerina which all of us wore. Maybe not Adam but as the 4th child who knows.) Now, as an aged, old mother I know the searching, sweat and perhaps cursing involved with making it all come about. And I sure don't even attempt to make my own. Mom, I'm sorry I didn't appreciate your "magic"!
Now, let me step down from my soap box and show you my dear little ones...

After running by CG for pizza and communion where Grant punched a kid in the face, we made our way to the Kelleys for trick-or-treating. Spiderman Max, Duckling Benjamin, Drew Bear, JACK-o-lantern and Cowpoke Parker were in jovial spirits. Grant was in true form as the snake (aka. slithering serpent) that night. It's tough to be stuck in the middle... at least that's what I'm telling myself about his personality/ attitude struggles at the moment.
It really doesn't get much cuter than one-year-olds walking around in their costumes. Jack's caused him a little trouble when he ran. I guess he's not used to carring so much baggage around the middle.
I think Halloween is great for little kids. I am a little nervous about having bigger boys and what they are going to want to be.... so for now, we'll enjoy our little pumpkins, ducks and superheroes.
We're all glad the snake made it through the night. He felt better after slithering through the grass on his belly.
Nate made me promise not to post pictures of him in his costume so you'll have to go to his blog and see it. He hasn't posted yet but I'll add the link when he does. I'd say it's a once in a lifetime treat to experience but he and the boys are already planning their costumes for next year so I may have to be finding costumes for ALL my boys for years to come.
4 comments:
first off, your couch is amazingly long. that is amazing! second, the kiddos looked so sweet in their costumes. and lastly, did you have a couple more kids since i last saw you?
Very cute but I wanna see Nates costume, tell him to get on the ball....
You can't rush perfection Emily. Simmer down now!
umm....I think Nate must have posted that last comment because it wasn't me.
Post a Comment